The Master of Science (MS) in Healthcare Administration degree is designed to prepare professionals to serve in leadership and management positions in hospitals, healthcare systems, medical practices, and other healthcare businesses. This program of study provides students with knowledge, skills, and attitudes in the three competency domains of leadership and management, business acumen, and healthcare organizations and systems.
Degree Program Objectives
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Evaluate ethical and effective leadership and management skills relevant to successful health administration practice.
- Advocate for the importance of policies, issues, and trends that shape healthcare and healthcare delivery in the United States.
- Apply the concepts of business to the health care environment.
- Support the importance of professional and social responsibility in health administration practice.
- Demonstrate communication and relationship management skills required for successful practice at the mid management level and beyond.