Our Master of Arts in Reverse Logistics Management provides advanced level knowledge to a new generation of professionals in reverse logistics management, retail management, and engineering management in complex military or civilian business environments. In today’s competitive business climate, organizations are always under pressure to improve the visibility of product and cargo flows through an ever-widening and complex supply chain. This online master’s program provides you with a continuation of your study of reverse logistics in domestic and international transportation and logistics scenarios as you seek to advance to higher-level management positions.
This program has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Degree Program Objectives
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Analyze and present the best practices of a reverse logistics operation.
- Classify and explain the differences between forward and reverse logistics.
- Compare and contrast different historical case studies of when a reverse logistics operation was a success and when it was a failure.
- Explain the military and commercial industry history of reverse logistics compared to its current uses.
- Conduct an informal survey of military or manufacturing or retail decision makers and explain how to appraise qualitative as well as quantitative data and reports in the use of reverse logistics processes.
- Differentiate the financial impact of reverse logistics from financial components within a business environment.
- Examine and compare how a real-world application of reverse logistics is improving logistics visibility in a military, manufacturing and retail environment.
- Design and write an implementation plan to use reverse technology processes and technology within a manufacturing, retail or military organization.
Degree at a Glance
|Final Program Requirements||3|
|Total Semester Hours||36|
Degree Program Requirements
Core Requirements (15 semester hours)
|BUSN501||Critical Thinking and Digital Literacy 1||3|
|RLMT500||Reverse Logistics Management||3|
|RLMT501||Practical Applications in Economics Analysis||3|
|RLMT502||Decision Making Strategies in Reverse Logistics Management||3|
|RLMT503||Reverse Logistics Policies and Regulations||3|
|Total Semester Hours||15|
Required as the first course in the program.
Major Requirements (18 semester hours)
|RLMT600||Global Reverse Logistics Management||3|
|RLMT610||Technology in Reverse Logistics Operations||3|
|RLMT620||Resource Commitment and Performance in Reverse Logistics||3|
|RLMT630||Recalls and Returns Management||3|
|RLMT645||Advanced Green Logistics||3|
|RLMT650||Reverse Logistics in the Retail Industry||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|
Elective Requirements (0 semester hours)
There are no elective requirements for this program.
Final Program Requirements (3 semester hours)
|BUSN697||Master’s Capstone: E-Portfolio 1||3|
|Total Semester Hours||3|
Taken once all other requirements have been met.