The graduate certificate in Security Management focuses on the principles and theories associated with various types of security, from industrial espionage, to cyber crime, to contemporary issues in security asset protection. In this online program, you’ll also study strategic decision-making and the evaluation of security programs. Field work in the areas of executive protection and recovery, trade secret protection, background investigations, surveillance, IT security, and cybersecurity are but a few choices available in the security management field. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of security management without committing to a degree program.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Ascertain and evaluate the aspects of vulnerabilities, threats, and countermeasures, as they pertain to assets protection.
- Analyze the security concepts in various programs including personnel security, information security, and physical security.
- Assess the methodologies of resource allocation as it pertains to applying appropriate security through the use of protective services.
- Conduct risk assessment analysis of computer facilities including identifying types of threats and probabilities of occurrences.
- Describe and apply various security management plans and principles appropriate to crisis situations and distinguish the management approaches to threats.
- Distinguish between industrial and economic espionage that present threats to either business or government organizations.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|Select 6 courses from the following:||18|
|Cases in Executive Decision Making|
|Assets Protection & Loss Prevention Management|
|Evaluation of Security Programs|
|Contemporary Issues in Security Management|
|Total Semester Hours||18|