The graduate certificate in Nursing Education is designed to help prepare master’s-level nurses to be effective educators in the nursing profession. It also helps to provide them skills to be an agent of change in the delivery of healthcare, offering a focus in curriculum design, assessment, and teaching and learning practices. The coursework in this certificate program provides the academic preparation required for the Certified Nurse Educator professional certification available from the National League for Nursing.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Apply programmatic objectives to the nurse educator role in clinical or academic settings.
- Create effective educational and curricular materials for a variety of audiences.
- Evaluate effectiveness of teaching strategies and modalities.
Programmatic Admission Requirements
For this program, the following documentation is required and must be provided prior to course registration:
- Official transcripts showing a conferred Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited program or a BSN degree in nursing and master’s degree in a closely related field.
- Current and active unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license in state where practicums will be conducted.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the Master of Science degree.
- Current resume/CV.
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU).
Please visit our AMU or APU graduate admission page for more information on institutional admission requirements.
If you have questions regarding a program’s admission requirements, please contact an admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|NURS601||Advanced Health Assessment||3|
|NURS604||Advanced Pathophysiology and Pharmacology||3|
|NURS606||Nursing Curriculum Development, Assessment and Evaluation||3|
|NURS610||Learner-Centered Teaching Methodologies||3|
|NURS620||Educational Assessment and Evaluation for Nurse Educators||3|
|NURS695||Practicum in Nursing Education||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|