The graduate certificate in Nonprofit Management is a concentrated program offering a foundation in leadership, finance, governmental relations, communications, marketing, and the critical role of fundraising in nonprofit organizations. This online program helps to prepare you to manage a nonprofit organization in today’s economic and regulatory environment, in either the private or public sector. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of nonprofit management without committing to a degree program.
Upon completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Know the role nonprofit organizations play in strengthening democratic and capitalistic societies.
- Understand the legal and moral responsibilities of executive and governance positions within nonprofit corporations.
- Appreciate the implications of tax-exempt status and its relationship to public service obligations under the law.
- Analyze the financing of nonprofit enterprise and obtain an appropriate mix of funding from the variety of funding streams available to nonprofit corporations.
- Achieve proficiency in designing and implementing a fundraising plan for a charitable nonprofit to augment other funding.
- Analyze the structure of the nonprofit enterprise to maximize the work of the organization through paid and volunteer staff and board members.
- Advocate for a nonprofit organization's mission including for changes in public policy to further the nonprofit's mission.
- Manage the human resources needed to staff charitable organizations.
- Craft policies for the governance and operation of nonprofit corporations.
- Analyze the performance of the governing body of the organization and attend to recruiting practices to build future capacity to fulfill the charitable mission.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|BUSN640||Nonprofit Law, Governance, and Ethics||3|
|BUSN641||The Nonprofit Organization and Executive Leadership||3|
|BUSN642||Financial Management in Nonprofit Organizations||3|
|BUSN643||Nonprofit Fundraising Planning and Implementation||3|
|PADM620||Local Political Administration||3|
|Select 1 course from the following:||3|
|Strategic Internet Marketing|
|Global Marketing Strategy|
|Total Semester Hours||18|