The graduate certificate in IT Project Management examines how to manage IT projects in regard to cost, time, scope, quality, risk and people, so that projects come in on time and under budget. You will be taught methods for handling the simultaneous challenges of complex real-world IT projects, shrinking budgets, and shorter deadlines while learning strategic planning and business systems analysis. This online graduate certificate is intended for graduate students who seek to heighten their knowledge of information technology project management without committing to a degree program.
This program has specific admission requirements.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the project management framework, including the stakeholders, domains, phases, processes, integration, and life cycle.
- Examine the potential complexities and pitfalls in initiating and closing projects and assess methods to mitigate this risk.
- Appraise the unique challenges in managing the scope, time, and cost of Information Technology projects.
- Appraise the principles, practices, and models for organizing, allocating, and managing project resources.
- Examine the models, methods, principles, practices, and challenges pertaining to project cost management and analyze the principles of earned value management (EVM).
- Apply the qualitative and quantitative approaches of risk analysis to risk assessment and management.
- Examine the various tools, techniques, principles, and practices of quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC) programs.
- Examine the phases, methodologies, and processes in the e-Business project life cycle.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|ITMG624||Information Technology Project Management||3|
|ITMG625||IT Project Management: Integration, Scope and Time||3|
|ITMG626||IT Project Management: Cost and Communications||3|
|ITMG627||IT Project Management: HR and Procurement||3|
|ITMG628||IT Project Management: Quality and Risk||3|
|ITMG630||Project Management for e-Business||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|