The graduate certificate in Executive Law Enforcement Leadership is designed to help prepare chiefs of police and other key state law enforcement command personnel for their leadership roles. This online program offers you an improved knowledge of police administration, grant writing, organizational management and development, leadership, and planning. This program is also a useful introduction to a graduate degree in criminal justice, management, or other similar areas of interest. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of executive law enforcement leadership without committing to a degree program.
Upon completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Compare and contrast techniques for structuring and resolving managerial problems in public and private organizations.
- Evaluate interpersonal relations, motivation, decision making, and group behavior in organizations.
- Deconstruct the role and function of leadership in terms of how it impacts individuals, organizations and society.
- Synthesize state-of-the-art practices and theories, strategies, and techniques relative to the strategic management and planning process.
- Examine administrative issues inherent in both large and small police organizations including administration, organization, leadership, the role of the manager, and citizen oversight.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to be able to develop a grant proposal.