The graduate certificate in Environmental Sustainability focuses on the integration of several distinct topic areas, including sustainability, policy (energy and environmental), economics, and global resource allocation. You will explore the impact of policy and formulate public- and private-sector strategies for the implementation of sustainable practices and design, as well as energy resources on the national and global scale. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of environmental sustainability without committing to a degree program.
Upon completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Detail the principles of sustainability and the roles of multiple disciplines in their effective implementation.
- Analyze the complex and dynamic interactions between humans and their environment.
- Assess the role of government policy at municipal, regional, national, and global levels in achieving sustainable development.
- Analyze the political, regulatory, and economic barriers that prevent full implementation of sustainable products, goods and services.
- Apply the principles of sustainability to complex environmental problems.
- Analyze the role of sustainability in meeting critical resource needs, such as renewable energy and water quality and quantity, on the local, regional, national, and global scale.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|EVSP503||Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law||3|
|EVSP561||Elements of Sustainable Design||3|
|EVSP605||Energy Policy and Sustainability||3|
|EVSP628||Global Environmental Change||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|