The graduate certificate in Business Essentials for the Security Executive is a concentrated program that bridges an education and skills gap for security officers who are required to manage personnel, budgets, and operations, but who may lack a business background. This certificate helps prepare you for management and leadership roles within public safety organizations including police, fire, and emergency management, as well as within security divisions for corporations, government contractors, or federal agencies. This online certificate is useful for graduate students in the security fields who want to expand their business management skills without committing to a degree program.
Upon completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Synthesize information from multiple disciplines in order to solve business problems.
- Evaluate various economic indicators and how they depict the state of the economy.
- Justify the use of financial accounting information in making informed and ethical business decisions.
- Identify the types of data and appropriate methods that are specific to managerial decision making.
- Examine differences between leaders/managers and analyze perspectives that shape roles and align norms to maintain a healthy organization.
- Analyze the responsibilities of leaders through lenses of ethical and moral decision making, use of authority, power, and individual leadership style.
- Analyze the role of cross-cultural management.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|SCMT511||Chief Security Officer Fundamentals 1||3|
|BUSN625||Applied Decision Making||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|
Required as the first course in this program.