The graduate certificate in Accounting is designed to provide professional development opportunities for mid-career accounting professionals in industry, consulting, and government. This online graduate program is designed to enhance your existing accounting knowledge through better understanding of advanced accounting topics. This online certificate program also offers you the opportunity to fulfill the education requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.
Please note that sitting for and passing the CPA exam does not guarantee licensure in any state. The CPA exam is a state-by-state license and each state requires different courses for licensure. As such, it is your responsibility to find the specific course work that your state’s Board of Accountancy requires for licensure. For professional licensure information, please see State Requirements listed on the AMU or APU program page.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and synthesize the functional areas of accounting to make sound business decisions.
- Access, utilize, and evaluate accounting information in business decision-making.
- Apply accounting methodology, analytical, and critical thinking skills to evaluate information, solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Develop effective communication skills in various multimedia forms.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of prescribed accounting ethics codes and behaviors.
This program has specific admission requirements.
Programmatic Admission Requirements
You will need to provide an official transcript of your completed bachelor’s or master’s degree showing proof of completion of this required coursework:
- Auditing: 3 credit hours
- Cost Accounting or Managerial Accounting: 3 credit hours
- Individual Federal Taxation: 3 credit hours
- Intermediate Accounting: 6 credit hours
Pre-admission courses must be grade C or better at the undergraduate level; B or better at the graduate level.
You will be required to submit a signed statement of understanding (SOU) to enroll in this program.
If you have questions regarding a program’s admission requirements, please contact an admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|ACCT608||Financial Reporting & Analysis||3|
|ACCT695||Accounting Theory and Concepts||3|
|Select 3 courses from the following:||9|
|Individual Tax Research and Planning|
|Advanced Cost Accounting|
|Advanced Federal Taxation|
|Total Semester Hours||18|