The undergraduate NanoCert™ in Criminal Intelligence is a three-course program involving the study of criminal intelligence analysis, crime analysis, and law enforcement intelligence applications. It is designed for students who wish to advance their knowledge of criminal intelligence without committing to a full degree or certificate program.
After successfully completing this NanoCert, the student will be able to:
- Understand critical issues in the era of homeland security.
- Understand the criminal intelligence environment.
- Explain the commonly employed analytical techniques used by analysts in the investigation process.
- Explain the role of crime analysis in intelligence-led policing.
- List and identify types of materials that qualify as Open Source Intelligence such as social media, and discuss and identify constitutional or other concerns to law enforcement when using open source information.
- Define intelligence analysis uses against enterprise crime and terrorism and discuss and identify security, OPSEC, COMSEC, and counterintelligence issues in law enforcement.