The undergraduate certificate in Ecommerce helps you comprehend how businesses and organizations use the Web to buy and sell products and services online. This certificate will broaden your scope of understanding of ecommerce architecture, tools and technologies, as well as analytics, videography, search engine optimization (SEO), and content management systems. Specific jobs in the ecommerce field include online marketing and analytic managers, search engine optimization (SEO) specialists, web developers, content managers, product managers, and more. After completing this certificate, you may consider pursuing your Certified Internet Web (CIW) Ecommerce Specialist certification.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Explain the evolution of e-commerce architecture.
- Summarize the social and economic influences of e-commerce.
- Assess the use of Web analytics, Web videography, search engine optimization, and Web content management systems to promote e-commerce.
- Compare traditional business models with growing Web technologies, Web analytics, Web videography, search engine optimization, and Web content management systems used for e-commerce.
- Develop management strategies that would incorporate e-commerce and achieve organizational missions.
Concentration Requirements (18 semester hours)
|WEBD122||Introduction to Web Analytics||3|
|WEBD220||Web 2.0 Fundamentals||3|
|WEBD222||Advanced Web Analytics (Prerequisite: WEBD122 - Introduction to Web Analytics)||3|
|WEBD321||Web eCommerce Development||3|
|WEBD323||Search Engine Optimization||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|