The graduate NanoCert in Terrorism is a three-course program involving the study of counterterrorism, assessing the past to forecast the future of terrorism, and domestic terrorism and extremist groups. It is designed for students who wish to advance their knowledge without committing to a degree or certificate program.
After successfully completing this NanoCert, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the variables and strategies of terrorism.
- Assess the methodology of combatting terrorism against international and U.S. policy objectives.
- Examine the evolution and impacts of terrorism over the past two centuries. Analyze the likelihood of future terrorist attacks.
- Analyze domestic terrorism and extremism in the United States. Differentiate domestic terrorists/extremists, domestic terrorist and extremist organizations, and domestic terrorist and extremist events since the end of World War II.
- Evaluate past and present attempts to counter domestic terrorism and extremism in the United States.