The graduate NanoCert™ in Open-Source Intelligence is a three-course program involving the study of collection; open-source intelligence; and deception, propaganda, and disinformation. It is designed for students who wish to advance their knowledge of open-source intelligence without committing to a degree or certificate program.
After successfully completing this NanoCert, the student will be able to:
- Assess the implications of advances and modes in intelligence collection technology for the 21st century.
- Understand how intelligence collection priorities are established.
- Analyze the nature and functions of OSINT, its strengths and weaknesses, and the growing role it plays in the intelligence process.
- Demonstrate the use of psychological tools in informational/deceptive practices.
- Deconstruct the concept of deception and its applications in different contexts.
- Evaluate the use of influence/deception techniques in historical cases.