The undergraduate NanoCert™ in Terrorism is a three-course program involving the study of terrorism and counterterrorism, terrorism and U.S. national security, and the forecasting of terrorism.
After successfully completing this NanoCert, the student will be able to:
- Interpret a broad history of terrorism and counterterrorism practices.
- Analyze the current issues affecting U.S. counterterrorism and the different approaches to counter terrorism from diplomatic, intelligence, military, law enforcement, economic/financial, and informational standpoints.
- Compare objectives, patterns, and actors of terrorism before and after 2001.
- Evaluate the character and influence of terrorist groups, their goals, structure, logistics, and operations.
- Describe trends in the use of weapons of mass destruction by terrorists.
- Apply a terrorist forecasting methodology to a hypothetical attack scenario.