This concentrated program offers a foundation in risk analysis and crisis management. The program focuses on difficult issues crisis managers face to protect the organization, its stakeholders, and assets from man-made and natural disasters. Typical issues focus on how to analyze risk and potential crises that affect the success of the organization.
After successfully completing this NanoCert, the student will be able to:
- Plan for various man-made and natural disasters and emergencies
- Develop strategies to anticipate and remediate the effects of disastrous events and workplace emergencies
- Identify various scenarios and ethical issues that can emerge from different types of disasters
- Identify strategies to return the organization back to normal as quickly as possible
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective communication in an emergency