The undergraduate NanoCert™ in Business Analytics is a concentrated program designed for managers who wish to solve business problems in today’s competitive business environment using analytics for decision-making. This program provides foundational knowledge of concepts in operational, theoretical, and applied data analysis and implementation.
After successfully completing this NanoCert, the student will be able to:
- Compute, compare, and contrast data and data elements commonly used in a spreadsheet repository of data, statistical measures, information, and knowledge within organizational contexts.
- Use data visualization features within spreadsheets to describe data or provide statistical measures, and formulate data visualization tools.
- Analyze how the range of possible correlation and regression models can be obtained and used to inform relationships among variables.
- Analyze the implications on the business decision-making process when given a set of descriptive statistics.
- Analyze and report how historical trends in data utilization within organizations are impacting organizational decision-making in case studies.
- Develop, propose, and provide support for alternate strategies to yield improved results.
- Apply appropriate analytic strategies to evaluate and report on business decision-making efficacy in case studies.
- Distinguish how various roles within the organization will influence the need for data for, and the use of information in, the decision-making process.