Not open to students pursuing a major in Security Management.
Upon successful completion of this minor, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate security management principles including the concepts of information security, personnel security, and physical security and determine the planning approaches to prevent business losses.
- Assess management theories and apply concepts of planning, resources, and authority to security organizations.
- Identify and discuss the major aspects of physical security, associated threats, and application of countermeasures.
- Establish how security managers test and align functional performance or their security organization incorporating legal issues and ensuring ethical approaches.
- Detect how a corporate security manager can effectively communicate strategic security issues and actions to other business departments and managers including drawing conclusions about assessing tangible and intangible assets.
Minor Requirements (18 semester hours)
|SCMT370||Principles and Theory of Security Issues||3|
|SCMT371||Legal and Ethical Issues in Security Management||3|
|SCMT373||Evaluation of Security Programs||3|
|SCMT374||Contemporary Issues in Security Management||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|