Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the architecture, directory structures, document flow, and protocols of the World Wide Web; also differentiate between the technologies, practices, and management issues in Web 1.0 and Web 2.0.
- Appraise the trends and the potential of Web 2.0.
- Profile the tools for building blogs, wikis, forums, discussion boards, and other Web 2.0 technologies.
- Design blogs using Web 2.0 tools for blogging, photo sharing, and social networking.
- Evaluate the principles and practices to manage the users of Web 2.0 tools and technologies.
- Analyze social networking and examine its impact on business processes and relationships.
- Assess the psychological and sociological aspects of Web 2.0.
- Appraise marketing and branding concepts in relation to Web 2.0.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|WEBD121||Web Development Fundamentals||3|
|WEBD122||Introduction to Web Analytics||3|
|WEBD220||Web 2.0 Fundamentals||3|
|WEBD221||Intermediate Web Development (Prerequisite: WEBD121 - Web Development Fundamentals)||3|
|WEBD300||User Interface Design||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|