The undergraduate certificate in Sustainability offers you the opportunity to study resource and energy use and policy, emerging renewable energy technologies, and the societal and economic barriers to implementation of sustainable practices. You will also develop your ability to plan and implement integrated, practical solutions that ultimately contribute to national and global resource conservation. This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of sustainability without committing to a degree program.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Explain the foundational principles of resource and energy sustainability.
- List current and emerging renewable energy technologies.
- Explain society’s dependence on fossil fuel and traditional energy sources.
- Explain the social and economic barriers that prevent the acceptance and use of sustainable products, goods and services.
- Apply the principles of sustainability to land use and development planning.
- Assess the impact of green infrastructure and sustainable design on global resource sustainability.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|EVSP312||Introduction to Sustainability||3|
|EVSP320||Energy and Resource Sustainability||3|
|EVSP321||Land Use and Planning||3|
|EVSP322||Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems||3|
|EVSP418||Green Infrastructure and Renewable Technologies||3|
|EVSP421||Water Resources Management||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|