The undergraduate certificate in Retail Management is a concentrated program that provides the basic skills needed to update or broaden your skills in the dynamic and fast-growing retail industry. This online program will focus on interpersonal, managerial, and critical thinking skills necessary for success in the retail industry. Completion of this 6-course certificate can help prepare you for advancement if you are currently working in the retail field. This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of retail management without committing to a degree program.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Define the basics of retail management functions/principles and explore ideal characteristics of a good manager.
- Define the basics of customer relations functions/principles and explore ideal characteristics of good customer relations as applied to individuals in both small/large organizations.
- Describe the importance of retail inventory management knowledge when viewing fundamental organizational requirements, recognize retail inventory skills required of managers, understand competitive dimensions, and describe how productivity is measured.
- Identify the goals of financial management and retail financial strategy.
- Decipher risk management planning and its use, how risk management tenets can be applied to the Manager role, and how to implement a policy and evaluate compliance.
- Identify various challenges that face retail leaders in both the private and public sector, understand commercial safety issue, and identify how to create/maintain a safe work environment.