The undergraduate certificate in Oracle Database provides you with the theories and necessary skills to design, develop, administer, monitor, and maintain databases in Oracle. You will also be taught PL/SQL as the programming language used for Oracle development. These skills are very valuable to most business enterprises, the vast majority of which have Oracle-based database implementations including: financials; enterprise resource planning; human-resource management; customer-relationship management; supply-chain management; product-lifecycle management; warehouse-management; project portfolio management; ebusiness, and other applications.
Entry to mid-level career positions such as Oracle developer, Oracle analyst, Oracle specialist, Oracle programmer, and Oracle administrator are some of the possible paths you can take with the knowledge gained from this online certificate program.
Graduates of this certificate program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Use entity-relationship modeling diagram and design, and develop Oracle databases.
- Differentiate between conceptual, logical, and physical design phases in database modeling and design.
- Apply the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard Structured Query Language (SQL) to define and manipulate data residing in Oracle databases using Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Administer Oracle databases using transact control language (TCL) to control user access and permissions, transactional and referential integrity, data concurrency, views, functions, sequences, performance tuning, and query optimization.
- Apply Procedural Language SQL (PL/SQL) to access records, fields, tables, block and control structures, and to execute cursors, functions, procedures, packages, events, and triggers.
- Use the principles of software and object-oriented design (OOD) model data-driven applications.
- Apply the principles of object-oriented programming (OOP) to design, and develop data-driven applications using Java and Oracle.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|INFO171||Relational Databases with Oracle: SQL Introduction||3|
|INFO271||Relational Databases with Oracle: SQL Intermediate (Prerequisite: INFO171 - Relational Databases with Oracle: SQL Introduction)||3|
|INFO371||Relational Databases With Oracle: PL/SQL (Prerequisite: INFO171 - Relational Databases with Oracle: SQL Introduction)||3|
|ENTD211||Introduction to Software Design||3|
|ENTD381||Object Oriented Programming With Java (Prerequisite: ENTD380 - Introduction to Object Oriented Programming with Java or ENGR200 - Introduction to Engineering and Computing)||3|
|Select 1 course from the following:||3|
|Relational Databases With Oracle: Forms & Reports (Prerequisite: INFO171 - Relational Databases with Oracle: SQL Introduction)|
|Enterprise Development using J2EE (Prerequisite: ENTD381 - Object Oriented Programming with Java)|
|Total Semester Hours||18|