The undergraduate certificate in Mobile Computing addresses the rapid evolution of mobile usage and explores the impact this technology has in advancing systems, communications, and societies worldwide. You will study the primary standards and techniques for mobile computing, including website and application design, development, testing, and implementation. The curriculum instructs best practices and procedures for utilizing the iterative process and for deploying mobile applications in the target platform environment. This interdisciplinary program was designed to complement our popular IT programs and their extensive learning communities.
Note: Experience with programming languages and familiarity with object-oriented programming languages is strongly recommended for this certificate.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Explain the evolution of mobile computing.
- Summarize the social and economic influences of mobile computing.
- Explore guidelines and techniques associated with mobile application design, development, and deployment.
- Analyze, design, develop, write, test and deploy mobile applications into the target platform environment.
- Assess the benefits of designing and developing mobile application software to promote mobile computing for Droid, Blackberry, iPhone and iPad.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|ENTD200||Fundamentals of Programming||3|
|ENTD313||Mobile Application Design and Development||3|
|ENTD322||Application Development for the Droid||3|
|ENTD333||Application Development for the iPhone and iPad||3|
|ENTD380||Introduction to Object Oriented Programming with Java||3|
|ENTD413||Advanced Mobile Application Design and Development||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|