The undergraduate certificate in Microsoft Office Applications is designed to increase your knowledge of the concepts and technology trends essential to office productivity applications. You will study the principles, practices, features, and functions of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and communications applications in the Microsoft Office suite, as well as Internet concepts and emerging Web 2.0 technologies.
Because the Microsoft Office suite is commonly used in a variety of work environments and professions, the knowledge acquired through this program is applicable to a variety of career options in business, education, technology, medicine, science, and education. After completing this certificate, you may consider pursuing your certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) in the following areas: Microsoft Office Word 2013, Microsoft Office Excel 2013, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013, and Microsoft Office Outlook 2013.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Appraise the impact of the Microsoft Application Suite on IT Management as it applies to office productivity, collaboration, and security.
- Examine and use productivity software such as Microsoft Word to create lists, themes, mail merges, watermarks, templates, graphics, navigation tools, tables, charts, citations and bibliographies.
- Evaluate and use productivity software such as Microsoft Excel to create and format spreadsheets, manipulate data, and use formulas, charts, conditional logic, graphics, and security features.
- Examine the functionality of productivity software such as Microsoft PowerPoint to set up presentations, transitions, animations, and timing.
- Assess the functionalities of Microsoft Access Relational Database Management System (RDBMS to design and develop a database application that includes user interfaces, form design, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Appraise the use of productivity software such as Microsoft Outlook to follow up, categorize, set up rules, and program alerts.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|INFO161||Relational Databases with MS Access: Introduction||3|
|ITCC111||Basic Productivity Applications||3|
|ITCC112||Advanced Productivity Applications||3|
|ITCC113||Office Presentation Applications||3|
|ITCC114||Office Communications Applications||3|
|ITCC200||Application Software Integration||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|