The undergraduate certificate in Law Enforcement Leadership is designed to enhance leadership and management skills of chiefs of police and other key state law enforcement command personnel by providing professionally relevant education at the undergraduate level. It offers you an improved understanding of organizational behavior, motivation, change, budget development, labor relations, human resources, and strategic planning.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Examine management techniques, principles, philosophies which are part of organization change and transformation.
- Develop a self-assessment of one’s own leadership and motivation skills, knowledge, and attitudes.
- Integrate the principles used in formulating and executing a strategic plan.
- Evaluate the historical and current state of employment relations theory.
- Analyze the four phases of the budget cycle.
- Critique the concepts, skills, theories and techniques involving human resource management and HR practices in the workplace.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|CMRJ308||Ethics in Criminal Justice||3|
|CMRJ320||Law Enforcement Intelligence Applications||3|
|MGMT312||Leadership & Motivation||3|
|Select 2 courses from the following:||6|
|Budget Development and Execution|
|Human Resource Management|
|Employment and Labor Relations|
|Total Semester Hours||18|