The undergraduate certificate in IT Project Management Essentials teaches management and organizational skills required to oversee complex enterprise-level projects. You will explore strategic planning and business systems analysis. You’ll also learn the fundamental processes for integrating teams and harnessing resources, identifying scope and adapting to change, managing budgets and expectations, and guiding projects to completion with qualitative results. This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of IT project management essentials without committing to a degree program.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Appraise the principles and practices for organizing, allocating, and managing project resources.
- Analyze the project management framework including the stakeholders, domains, phases, processes, integration, and life cycle.
- Examine the potential complexities and pitfalls in initiating and closing projects and assess methods to mitigate this risk.
- Appraise the unique challenges in managing the scope, time, and cost of IT projects.
- Assess the principles, strategies, challenges, and measures for managing quality and risk of IT projects.
- Analyze the phases, procedures, deliverables, and best practices for business systems analysis.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|INFO331||Management Information Systems||3|
|ITMG321||Information Technology Project Management||3|
|ITMG322||Project Management Using MS Project||3|
|ITMG371||Contemporary Internet Topics||3|
|ITMG381||Cyberlaw and Privacy in a Digital Age||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|