Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the architecture, directory structures, document flow, and protocols of the World Wide Web.
- Compare and contrast the functions of network protocols; describe network transmission media and types and identify network architecture and topologies; and describe the Internet architecture model and Internet protocols.
- Assess the principles for designing web pages, including the content, typography, colors, images, and page layout; also examine the use of style sheets to enhance reusability and to design consistent interfaces.
- Investigate the principles and concepts of effective design for organizing information, for performing site design, and for determining the navigation structure.
- Examine the features, functions, and settings of e-mail and FTP; also evaluate the risks with using FTP.
- Differentiate between Web search engines, Web directories, and Web metasearch engines; also predict the future of Web search tools.
- Appraise Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and apply this knowledge to develop web page and web site templates.
- Develop X/HTML code to create Web pages with images and image maps.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|ISSC341||Introduction to Networking||3|
|WEBD121||Web Development Fundamentals||3|
|WEBD122||Introduction to Web Analytics||3|
|WEBD221||Intermediate Web Development||3|
|WEBD222||Advanced Web Analytics||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|