The undergraduate certificate in Instructional Design and Delivery teaches how to develop curriculum and assessment for adult learners within online, face-to-face, and hybrid learning environments. In this online program, you’ll study the leading theories and concepts of contemporary curriculum design as advocated by leading scholars and practitioners, while learning to organize effective instruction that challenges and involves adult learners.
This concentrated, 6-course program is intended for undergraduate students who wish to further their knowledge in instructional design without committing to a degree program.
Note: This program is not designed to prepare educators for work in K-12 public school settings and is not a degree program that would lead to state-level teaching certification.
- Demonstrate effective professional and personal communication skills.
- Design curriculum for adult learning contexts.
- Use effective classroom management approaches in adult learning contexts.
- Apply adult learning theory.
- Apply learning and cognition theory in adult learning contexts.
- Design instructional assessments based upon measurement and evaluation theory.