The undergraduate certificate in Emergency Management is designed to improve your knowledge of disaster planning, risk assessment, emergency operations, crisis communication, public policy, and disaster mitigation and recovery. With continual awareness on the need to assure sustainability in crisis situations, along with regulatory requirements on businesses to develop emergency management programs, there is growing need to prepare professionals in all walks of industry to understand, respond to, and manage crisis. This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of emergency management without committing to a degree program.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Develop a core understanding of emergency management theory and concepts.
- Summarize the four phases of emergency management.
- Recognize the application of planning strategies for each phase of Emergency & Disaster Management.
- Assessing the role of social media in preparedness, response and recovery operations.
- Evaluate hazard identification and risk reduction techniques.
- Analyzing the role of public policy in managing threats to community sustainability.
- Examine the psychological impact of a disaster on rescuers and victims.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|EDMG101||Introduction to Emergency Management||3|
|EDMG230||Emergency and Disaster Incident Command||3|
|EDMG259||Hazard Mitigation and Preparedness||3|
|EDMG321||Social Media Application to Emergency and Disaster Management||3|
|PSYC431||Psychology of Disaster||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|