The undergraduate certificate in Cloud Computing provides you with basic knowledge of virtualization and network installation and security in a cloud environment. You will focus on data security, governance, compliance, and legacy application migration issues, while learning to implement cloud computing solutions in an enterprise. This online certificate is intended for students who want to expand their knowledge of cloud computing without committing to a degree program.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough comprehension of the key principles of cloud computing and the security and privacy involved with this emerging technology.
- Examine Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and convert logical designs into services that can be implemented in today's Cloud environments.
- Assess, evaluate, and apply the necessary tools to analyze an organization’s assets and verify if the cloud security and privacy implications are justifiable in implementing Cloud Computing
- Employ the appropriate resources to model service specifications and service contracts to perform service orchestration.
- Demonstrate effective decision making and management techniques to support the organization’s objective of growth while putting best practices into place.
- Apply best practices for the next generation IT professional through continuous awareness for the environmental impact when developing and implementing IT systems and reap the business benefits of adopting a Green IT strategy.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|ISSC345||Service Oriented Architecture||3|
|ISSC386||Green Computing: Foundations and Strategies||3|
|ISSC387||Green Computing: Advanced Topics||3|
|ISSC426||Cloud Security and Privacy||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|