The K-12 Athletic Administration graduate certificate teaches an array of leadership skills necessary for managing an athletic department in nontraditional K-12 organizations including charter and private schools. This concentrated, 6-course graduate program is ideal if you currently have a master’s degree and seek additional course work required to succeed as a high-school athletic administrator. If you do not have a master’s in education, you might want to consider our M.Ed. in Educational Leadership degree, athletic administration concentration.
This program has specific admission requirements.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Be prepared for leadership and managerial positions in athletic administration at the interscholastic level.
- Develop the skills required to meet today’s secondary dual role of managing an athletic department and performing everyday supervision and leadership duties as a school administrator.
- Develop specific leadership skills relative to athletic budgeting and financial management, handling legal issues relative to managing an athletic department, conflict resolution, and managing facilities.
Programmatic Admission Requirements
This graduate certificate program does not lead to state certification or licensure, nor can it be used to maintain state licensure or certification. We strongly encourage you to explore your state-specific requirements prior to applying here in order to make an informed decision. In addition, you may email our coordinator of certification and licensure at email@example.com.
The following documentation is required for admission and must be provided prior to course registration:
- Official bachelor’s transcript showing conferral of degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, or a master’s transcript showing conferral of a degree
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU)
- Documentation of 1 year K-12 teaching experience or 1 year K-12 managerial experience in an instructional setting
If you have questions regarding a program’s admission requirements, please contact an admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate Requirements (18 semester hours)
|SPMT603||High School Athletic Administration||3|
|SPMT650||Legal Issues in High School Athletic Administration||3|
|SPMT620||Leadership and Management in Sport||3|
|EDUC523||Supervision of Instruction||3|
|EDUC695||Capstone Seminar K-12 Learning Organization||3|