Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Comprehend the theory and politics of conflict, war, mediation, and diplomatic negotiations.
- Evaluate the potential for conflict in a country or region.
- Assess the rationale for negotiation and the lifecycle of a conflict situation.
- Explain the various approaches toward United Nations peace operations
- Evaluate the development of multiparty mediation and assess the benefits and drawbacks of such an approach.
- Analyze the complexity and limitations of negotiating across cultures and diverse groups.
- Describe the distinct nature of conflict in the post-Cold War era.
Total = 24 semester hours